Chitwan National Park (CNP), formerly called Royal Chitwan National Park (RCNP), covers an area of 932 sq km and is the oldest national park in Nepal. Established in 1973, it was granted the status of a World Heritage Site in 1984. The park is located at subtropical internal Terai lowlands of South-Central Nepal in Chitwan district, 200km away from capital Kathmandu.
Chitwan National Park is rich in flora and fauna, including one of the last populations of single-horned Indian Rhinoceros and the Bengal tiger. The area was known as “Four Mile Forest” and a hunting reserve for big game hunting until 1951.
Chitwan National park is now a popular purpose for eco-tourists and includes canoeing, elephant rides, and guided jungle walks. Adjacent to the National Park in the east is the Parsa Wildlife Reserve and further east the Bara Hunting Reserve. The vegetation consists mainly of moist deciduous forests, with the Sal as dominating tree species. In the Churia Hills pine trees prevail. On the floodplains of the large Rivers, by name the Rapti, the Reu and the Narayani there are large areas covered with Elephant grass alternating with rivers Forests mainly collected of Simal, Khair and Sisau trees.
The Chitwan National Park is home to at least 43 species of mammals, 450 species of birds, and 45 species of amphibians and reptiles. Elephants and Indian rhinos are the largest species found in the park, but a lot of other large herbivores are found in the park, gaur, sambar deer, Indian muntjac, chital, hog deer, mainland serow, chousingha and wild boar. Three large predator species, tigers, leopards, dholes prey on them and carrion eaters like striped hyenas are also found. Sloth bears are among the main attractions of the Park. Smaller carnivore species are golden jackal, yellow-throated marten, ratel, smooth coated otter, small Indian civet, large Indian civet, spotted linsang, common palm civet, binturong, small Indian mongoose, Indian grey mongoose, crab-eating mongoose, leopard cat, marbled cat and fishing cat. Further mammal species found in the park are rhesus monkeys, hanuman langurs, Indian pangolin, northern palm squirrel, red giant flying squirrel, parti-colored flying squirrel, Indian porcupine, hispid hare, Indian hare and Ganges Doplhin. Among the reptile’s marsh crocodiles, gharials and Indian python are the largest.
The chitwan national park’s unique rhino herd was featured on The Jeff Corwin Experience in season 2, episode 11. This national park is just 10 km far from nearby city Bharatpur, Nepal and the Bharatpur Airport.
- Price:240 EURO
- Duration:5 Days
- Primary Activity:Jungle Safari
- Group Size:1-25 Peoples
- Arrival on:Kathmandu
- Trip Grade:Normal
- Meals:As per itinerary
- Accomodation:Three Star Hotel
- Trip Code:
- Max-Altitude:815 m.
- Transportation:Car & Tourist bus
- Departure from:Kathmandu
- Culture:Tharu culture
Day 01: Drive from Katmandu to Chitwan.
Day 02: Nature Walk Program, Elephant back safari.
Day 03: Bird watching tour. Wildlife Walk in the Chitwan National Park.
Day 04: Transferred to the bus station or to the Bharatpur Airport to continue your journey.
Day 01: Drive from Katmandu to Chitwan, Volunteer Society Treks Nepal Chitwan representative will well come at the bus station and transfer to the hotel. Refreshment drink and briefing about the accommodation and the facilities. After lunch our manager will brief you about the program of the following days. After a short rest, visit to the Tharu village and the National Park Visitors Center.
Time table and program
– Arrival pick up from bus station transfer to hotel and welcome – Briefing by the Lodge manager – 13:00……. Lunch – 15:30…….. Nature walk/visit to observation tower – 17:00…….. Sunset view from Riverbank – 18:30…….. Slide show/Tharu stick dance – 19:00…….. Dinner/Culture program
Day 02: Dugout canoe trip followed by a Nature Walk Program or a visit to the Elephant Breeding Farm. Enjoy an ox-cart ride or a jeep drive back to the resort. After refreshment you can wash the elephants and swim with them in the Rapti River. Lunch. Elephant back safari,Dinner. Tharu dancing performance.
Time Table and Program
– 05:30…….. Wake up call – 05:45…….. Tea/Coffee – 06:00…….. Elephant ride/bird watching – 08:00…….. Breakfast – 09:00…….. Canoe ride/elephant briefing / swimming and bath – 13:00 …….Lunch – 15:00…….. Elephant ride / nature walk / visit to observation tower / Canoe ride – 18:30…….. Tharu Stick Dance/slide show – 19:30…….. Dinner
Day 03: After tea or coffee you will go for a bird watching tour. B/F. Leisure till noon, Lunch. Jungle Safari excursion by jeep or bicycle to the ‘Twenty Thousand Lakes’ or Wildlife Walk in the dense jungle of the Chitwan National Park. Dinner.
Time Table and Program
– 05:30 ……..A.M. Wake up call – 05:45…….. Tea/Coffee – 06:00…….. Bird watching/elephant ride – 08:00…….. Breakfast – 09:00…….. Elephant briefing/swimming and bath/Canoe ride – 13:00…….. Lunch – 15:30…….. Jungle drive/elephant ride/Canoe ride – 18:30…….. Slide show/Tharu stick dance – 19:00…….. Dinner
Day 04: After an easy morning and B/F you will be transferred to the bus station or to the Bharatpur Airport to continue your journey.
Time Table and Program
– Morning free for packing. – 8:00 A.M. Breakfast – 9:00…….. Departure from the lodge
Feature Price: 240 EURO
|Trip Cost per person:||»||Budget Price- USD 240 Standard Price – USD 400 OR Equivalent Foreign Currency Deluxe Price – USD 720|
|Additional Charges||»||Single Supplement charge will be extra. However you can upgrade your Hotel, Car/Vehicle/flight ticket for your standard/budget tour with extra cost.|
Trip Cost Includes:
- Tourist bus ticket to Chitwan to Kathmandu.
- 3/4 Days Full Board Jungle safari Activities in Chitwan national park.
- Escorted English speaking tour guide
- All activities( Elephent safart, Bird watching, Jungle walking, jeep Driving, Cannoning, Tharu culture dance) are include as per itinerary
- All necessary monument entrance fee
- All hotel accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner during your tour.
- National Park entrance and park fee
- Group medical supplies (First Aid kit )
- Our service charges
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
Trip Cost Exclude:
- Hotel Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee & Personal nature expenses
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Hotel in Kathmandu US$ 75 per person on four star hotel on B/B Basis
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Book Your Trip Now
Lhasa Classical Tour – 4 Days
- 4 Days
Lhasa classical tour will sanction you the enjoyable memories of the historical and ancient city of Lhasa. Lhasa, the capital city of Tibet is considered as the heart of Tibet and is filled with distinct history, culture, and tradition. The legendary Potala Palace dominates the.Learn more
Bardia National Park Tour-3 Nights/ 4 Days
- 4 Days
- 613 EURO
We offer and operate 3night 4days Bardia national package tour for those visitors who have applicable time and want to enjoy with wildlife safari on serenity place. We fully try to make unforgettable and enjoyable with our any hesitation. We wouldn’t give single chance to.Learn more
Bardia National Park Wildlife Tour -2 Nights/ 3 Days
- 3 Days
- 488 EURO
Bardia National Park was a royal hunting reserve of Nepal’s Rana rulers from 1846 to 1950. In Nepal, wildlife lost whatever protection the royal hunting reserve conveyed when the Rana rule ended in the 1950s. A well-meaning malaria eradication program in the 1950s and 1960s.Learn more
Chitwan National Park Tour-3 Nights/ 4 Days
- 5 Days
- 240 EURO
Chitwan National Park (CNP), formerly called Royal Chitwan National Park (RCNP), covers an area of 932 sq km and is the oldest national park in Nepal. Established in 1973, it was granted the status of a World Heritage Site in 1984. The park is located.Learn more
Chitwan National Park Tour-2 Nights/ 3 Days
- 3 Days
We are the specialist for to arrange Chitwan National Park Tour in Nepal, we will make your memorable Chitwan National Park Tour. Chitwan National Park is situated in the southwestern part of Nepal and covers 932 square Kilometers. This is Nepal’s first famous national park.Learn more
Chitwan National Park Tour -1 Night/ 2 Days
- 2 Days
Chitwan National Park is one of the best Parks in Nepal, established in 1973, where you can have a look of various species of birds, plants and animals including wildlife, flora and fauna. Chitwan is situated only 150m above the sea level, during the March-June.Learn more
Kathmandu – Pokhara- River Rafting– Wildlife Tour -10 Days
- 10 Days
- 600 EURO
This is a tour that gives you the cream of a holiday in that it displays a variety of fascinating landscapes that makes up a kaleidoscope of dissimilar geographies that thrill you right to the bone & gives you a gratifying experience hardly found anywhere.Learn more
Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour – 6 Days
- 6 Days
- 360 EURO
Kindness and compassion among Buddhists and the serenity of the Buddhist pilgrimages have a mesmerizing effect on the tourists. Buddhist pilgrimage Tour covers most of the places of Nepal, An exclusive website providing buddhist tour packages for you in India, Nepal and Sri Lanka. Also.Learn more
Bhutan Cultural Tour – 5 Days
- 5 Days
- 1365 EURO
Bhutan cultural tour is the opening to know the nation, culture, traditions, religion, life style, and ecology. Cultural tours will take you through some of the most picturesque landscapes of spectacular mountain ranges to the lush green valleys. Bhutan is a fantastic country with great.Learn more
Travel with VSTN, and Make A Difference
Every Volunteer Society Treks Nepal tour contributes directly to local charitable projects that empower and educate Nepali people. By travelling with us, you are making a difference to the lives of hundreds of disadvantaged women and children; you are giving them a brighter future.