Why Volunteer Society Treks Nepal?
Volunteer Society Treks Nepal is a fully licensed and registered company, which has been recognized by the tourism authority of the government of Nepal to run tours, trekking, peak climbing, mountaineering expeditions and other travel related activities.
Volunteer Society Treks Nepal is a company you can trust; we are affiliated with Trekking Agency’s Association of Nepal (TAAN), Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), Nepal Tourism Board, (NTB) Govt of Nepal, Sustainable Tourism Network, Himalayan Rescue Association (HRAN) and Kathmandu Environmental Educational Project (KEEP).
Here are our licenses and authorizations:
- Nepal Ministry of Industry, Office of Company Register, Reg No: 49680/064/065
- Nepal Ministry of Tourism, Department of Tourism, Reg No: 946
- Nepal Department of Small Cottage and Industries, Reg No: 10522/372
- Nepal Ministry of Finance, Department of Tax, PANS No: 302833052
- Tax Clearance Certificate No: 302833052
- Central Bank of Nepal, Nepal Rastra Bank, Department of Foreign Currency Exchange, Authorization No: 1416/01/070.
Volunteer Society Treks Nepal assures you the highest standard of service at every stage of your trip, from initial inquiry, to all services on the ground in Nepal, through to your return home.
We will take care of all logistics and paperwork such as personalized itineraries, pre-arrival information, permits, visas, accommodation, domestic flight tickets and any other requirements while you are in Nepal, so that you are free to enjoy your vacation.
We do everything possible to look after our guests’ safety and make sure you have a meaningful and pleasant stay. Our programs are more than just a tour and trekking; we customize each itinerary to match the need, taste, and interest of our guests.
VSTN knows that it can be risky to trust your money into the hands of a company you don’t know; paying a deposit before you’ve even entered the country.
With us, your money is safe: we are a fully licensed trek operator authorized by the Government of Nepal Tourism and Civil Aviation Agency, Nepal Tourism Board, Nepal Rashtra Bank and the Taxation Office, among others.
From the beginning of the planning process you will have a clear understanding about your payment, and we will provide every detail of the tour package cost so that you are fully informed of any extra expenses that may be incurred.
VSTN believes that great staff are necessary for great service, so we have created a team of dedicated and experienced professionals.
We employ only licensed and government certified guides who are well-equipped with extensive knowledge of local areas and cultures. They also have fluent English communication skills and organizational abilities to facilitate groups of all sizes, interests and abilities.
Volunteer Society Treks Nepal is a business built on great relationships. All our staff including guides, porters and drivers are treated fairly as follow:
- They are provided with insurance and medical care, if needed, during the expedition.
- They have free access to necessary equipment for high altitude trekking.
- Their salaries and wages are above average.
- They are free to join any trade union.
- There is a 20kg weight limit for our porters.
- All porters are supported and encouraged to acquire valuable experience to be potential guides in the future.
Volunteer Society Treks Nepal is different from many other tour and trekking companies in Nepal because of our mission: throughout our work, our underlying goal is to provide philanthropic and humanitarian aid to Nepali communities. We are entirely Nepali owned and run, so we know where aid is most needed and useful.
To fulfill this mission, a sizeable percentage of our profits are injected into different humanitarian projects in Nepal. Your participation in our trekking, volunteering and traveling tours boosts our ability to continue this important work and to make a difference in Nepal.
As a responsible tour service, we care about maintaining the environment, its people and culture. We offer services that are ethical and sustainable, but also include opportunities for travelers to use their time and money to make a difference.
- As a humanitarian Tour and Travel Company, a percentage of all profits are injected into selected community projects, so that your participation in our trekking, volunteering and traveling tours enables us to continue the humanitarian work in Nepal.
- Volunteer Society Treks Nepal together with the charity Volunteer Society Nepal also supports its own independently established Disability Center, Women’s Center, Girls’ Sponsorship Program, and Helping Street and Orphan Children Program to best serve underprivileged women and children in Nepal.
Volunteer Society Treks Nepal was founded by well-educated and ecologically concerned Nepalese with decades of experience working in leading international volunteer and development organizations. Likewise, our staff have years of experience operating travel and tour companies and providing cross cultural training. They have also trekked and guided in all regions of Nepal and have a deep knowledge about every aspect of trekking, touring and volunteering. We pride ourselves on the level of experience that every one of our staff possesses.
Our itineraries are designed to allow you to become as involved as possible with the local communities you travel through. Whether you’re getting involved in a cleaning campaign, distributing food and clothing to underprivileged children, visiting local schools to play with them, spending time with local women at the center or taking in part in local festivals, you will have plenty of opportunities to learn about the real lives of local people.
Aside from visiting the key highlights of a destination, we also take you to those out-of-the-way local sights that guidebooks don’t know about. We encourage our travelers to have a fully interactive experience, while seeing Nepali culture first hand and learning about local customs.
On many of our tours you will have opportunities to learn new skills such as cooking authentic Newar cuisine or speaking Nepali language.